Your Transportation Consultants

Mileage Tax Accounts/IFTA

International Fuel Tax

  1. The carrier can purchase fuel permits each time they wish to travel to other jurisdictions or;
  2. Enroll in the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) program.

IFTA is an agreement among American and Canadian jurisdictions that enables uniform collection and distribution of fuel taxes paid by motor carriers traveling in multiple jurisdictions.

Membership is voluntary and allows the carrier to significantly reduce the paperwork and compliance burden for fuel tax reporting.

Once registered, a carrier must submit returns to Tax and Revenue Administration (TRA) on a quarterly basis and report all fuel purchased, and kilometres travelled, for all of their IFTA vehicles.

How We Can Help

  • Our office registers your units under the IFTA program and provides decals for the units.

  • We can also provide decal replacements, add/delete units, and file for license renewal.

  • Certain jurisdictions require separate filing; we can do that for you or we can buy permits for these jurisdictions.

  • When you submit your kilometres traveled and litres of fuel purchased in each jurisdiction for each registered unit our office will file that information quarterly.
    • Quarters: March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31